Location: Monument, London
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Our ecommerce strategy is key to achieving our ambition to become a leading technology-based player in the global fine wine market. To achieve this, we are actively recruiting high-calibre candidates to join our award winning team.
You will be at the forefront of our technology agenda, working with our IT Partners (currently Enables IT, Numa Productions, Rackspace, Eclipse Systems and Opus Telecoms) to ensure that all IT and phone systems are working at optimal levels, support the development of new technologies and system requirements to support the future growth of the business and to better meet the requirements of the business and our clients. The role reports to directly to the CFO.
- Maintain IT systems through 3rd parties to ensure optimal performance within budget
- Recommend alternative technologies/strategies and improvements by maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the latest commerce, virtual and associated technology standards.
- Analyse and report on system performance versus agreed metrics.
- Ensure that non-functional requirements are appropriately implemented and maintained within both in-house and external architectures.
- Ensure all technical designs are fully documented, both the architecture and associated maintenance/issue resolution procedures.
- Assist with the estimation and understanding of timescale and resource requirements to successfully deliver any necessary technology projects or associated business change.
- Work with other team members (both internal and third party) to design, build, configure and implement new systems by transforming business and programme visions and requirements into working prototypes, designs and solutions
- Input technical ideas and knowledge to help build the vision, strategy and roadmap for the overall programme
Skills and Knowledge
- Hands-on worker, willing and able to “roll up sleeves”
- Able to troubleshoot and solve technical problems
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences at all level of the business
- Able to document functional and non-functional requirements to deliver solutions
- Experienced in dealing with ambiguity and in capturing and shaping unclear requirements
- Experienced across the end-to-end processes from capturing to delivering and implementing development projects
- Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders, including 3rd party suppliers
- Experience with web technologies and building enterprise architecture roadmaps
- Knowledge of disaster recovery and business continuity best practices, tools and techniques
- Knowledge of the impending General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and compliance
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions
- Knowledge of client-server networking
- Keen focus on the highest quality delivery but with pragmatism
- Project management experience
- Highly organised, with excellent time-management skills
- Highly customer focused, both internal and external customers
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Experience with virtualisation, VMWare, VSphere, etc.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certifications in Windows 2008 or Windows 2012.
- Knowledge of Cisco network and technologies, CCNA(P), Linux/Unix, etc.
If you are interested in this role, please email your cover letter and CV.